I will be attending the Northern Virginia Economic Summit this morning (Sept 11, 2008) put on each year by the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors. This meeting has become an annual event for me personally. It is a chance to hear from Economists who specifically study the economy in our region, and leaders who are shaping the future of the whole Washington DC region.
The speakers this morning are:
- Dr. Stephen Fuller, Director, Center for Regional Analysis, School of Public Policy, George Mason University
- Dr. Doug G. Duncan, Chief Economist, Fannie Mae
- John Mason, Executive Director, Northern Virginia Transportation Authority
- Dr. David F. Seiders, Chief Economist, National Association of Home Builders
- Dr. Jed Smith, Managing Director of Quantitative Research, National Association of REALTORS
This is a chance for me as an agent to see beyond my own little “economic world” and see what is happening on a broader scale. I’ll write some summaries of what I learn there on this blog over the next week. I will also be “twittering” live while I’m there. You can follow those live, or see the archive on my twitter page.
If you have any questions you want addressed from the summit, contact me with a Direct Message on Twitter or send me a text message at 703-585-5663 and I’ll do my best to get an answer to your question.